Tuesday, February 24, 2009

ANOTHER PLAY DATE








This time it was in my sewing room! And I must say it was time together that we both needed! In many of the sewing blogs I have been reading everyone is talking about getting organized this month. So here are my before and after shots. I admit that showing anyone the before pictures makes me feel vulnerable- like I am standing naked before you. So I want everyone to understand that my sewing room in no way represents the condition of any other room in my home! Infact, in every other aspect of my life I am obsessed with organization. But when I step into that one room it is like a switch is flipped and some other part of my brain takes over, order becomes choas and I don't care! I feel free and inspired, ready to create. But I can't create a masterpiece without my scissors and when I can't even find the fabric I want to use it is time to do restore order. So over a couple of days I went through every drawer, cabinet and magazine. I eliminated two bags of fabrics and about 30 magazines. I kept the magazine articles I thought important and filed them in binders. Patterns and fabric received their fair share of attention and everything has a label. Now I am ready to sew-- if I can find my scissors!

5 comments:

-E said...

Thanks for those leather tips- I'm taking the whole project to a friend's this weekend and we're going to work on it. I'm making notes of everyone's suggestions :)

you'd be frightened by pics of my sewing room.

Anonymous said...

I love your sewing room! I have a corner...cut corner but a small corner! Enjoy!

Julius Family said...

impressive!

Kate said...

You are an inspiration! Haven't had time to work on my loft but will be getting back to it again soon...also lessons on my BabyLock. Good work, lady!! K Q:-)

Little Hunting Creek said...

My sewing room is much much smaller, and was much much messier- but clean ...for now.