Wednesday, February 18, 2009

PLAY DATES






We have been home a week now and it has been euphoric. The first couple of days I took to unload the coach, put up all the clothes, groceries and "the stuff" we seem to think we need whenever we go somewhere. On Sunday we had our Nascar obsessed family over to watch The Daytona 500. And then on Monday I had a play date with Grace. She was out of school for President's Day and we made the most of our day together. We played with her new dollhouse, she sketched and colored clothes for her paperdolls and we played dress-up! I knew there was a reason I saved an entire closet of pagent clothes from the late '80's and early '90's. The first dress she wanted to wear is a dark green beaded wool crepe by Carmen Marc Valvo. As she was walking to the mirror she said, "I feel so good!" and her sweet little face showed her true excitement. I used this as a teaching moment and told her that when a girl takes care of herself and pays attention to her appearance it does make her feel good. After a few more evening dresses she was ready to go casual with a cowgirl theme. Then she remembered her makeup and thought she needed apply a little lipstick so she would "really look like a woman". Do you think she likes the camera?

2 comments:

Allie Hutsell said...

Elizabeth, this is so great! I wish I had saved my pageant dresses but I do have a few... I'll have to do that with her sometime. Love you, miss you! - Allison

Kate said...

Oh! How fun! I remember paperdolls...the beginning of designing. And that camera really does love Grace! K Q;-)