Thursday, February 12, 2009

RELECTIONS ON HOME

We have been on the road now for 3 weeks and pretty much all I have thought about for those 3 weeks was going home! At first that bothered me- I kept thinking what is wrong with you? It's freezing and miserable weather at home and you are enjoying warm sunshine and lots of down time. But the more I thought about it I realized I just miss my life- my family, my friends, my home, my sewing room- all these things bring me contentment and joy. Now what could be wrong with that? Nothing, I have decided. Rather it is a blessing to have a life that you long for. Thankfully, Jim was on the same page so we will be home tonight- 3 weeks early! I was also reminded that life does come in seasons. There was a season when I would have been kicking and screaming if leaving for home early was even considered. I must admit that this change of heart in large part may be due to Grace, our six year old grandaughter.
She asked me why we would be gone so long and when I told her we leave for better weather it sounded like a pretty lame reason. And from the look on her sweet face she thought so too.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! You're home!

Diana said...

You sound a lot like me. I'm a real home person and even if I've only just gone to town for a day, when I'm driving up my driveway, I feel excited and relieved that Im home.Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog.And who knows, maybe next year you'll join Swap. It is a lot of fun to take part in . You "meet" all kinds of people who are so generous with their time and expertise and encourage you on. Now that your home, sew something nice.
Diana

Julius Family said...

I am so excited you are home.. and you are still almost two hours away!! Email me once things slow down...

Kate said...

Oh I DO understand, being a real homebody myself. Welcome home! K Q:-)