Thursday, January 10, 2008

ONE DOWN 18 TO GO

My first box of stuff is full and in the garage waiting to be donated. Most of the contents came from the pantry and guest baths. And if I was to go a little deeper I'm sure I could get another box out of the pantry. There is so much that never gets used, like a new grater. Actually I know someone I should send it to as a housewarming gift. That is a joke and when she reads this she'll know. Box 2 and 3 will be a nice set of dishes, complete with serving pieces and matching glasses. Unfortunately the storms on Monday left many people homeless and I know someone will be able to use them. My next efforts will be directed at the laundry room and hall closet. I know I'm putting off the inevitable, my sewing room and my closet but I need time to build up to this monumental task.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Isn't it great to lighten your load while doing a good deed for someone else? I unloaded my Texas house just after Katrina hit New Orleans and a lot of my unneeded furniture went to people having to start over from scratch. I think giving away makes room for more energy and goodness to come into my life. GO for it! K Q:-)