Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Day at the Farm

On Wednesday we decided we better take a trip to the farm to make sure everything was okay after last weeks storms. And since a trip to the farm is not complete without a visit to the Corner Cafe we stopped for breakfast. I ordered my usual, one of Miss Tammy's giant pancakes with peanut butter. This pancake is like no other. She has given me the recipe and we have tried to make them several times but they just don't turn out like her's. But I have resolved to keep trying.

After breakfast we drove out to check on the "Lodge". We didn't know what to expect because Tammy said the wind was severe and took off roofs. A huge pile of leaves had blown up in front of the door and fortunately there was no damage. Since Jim and his buddies built the lodge I really didn't know what to expect.

Jim asked me once again if I wanted to move and although I want to simplify my life I don't think that a move to Cabool is in my future. Maybe when I am feeling stressed I can just run down and spend the day and then I will be thankful and appreciative that I live in Springfield and any stress or problems I think I have will be insignificant.

No comments: