Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2008 The Year to EDIT, SIMPLIFY and ENJOY

This shall be my mantra for the year. I will edit by eliminating all the stuff from my life that is just taking up space. I will simplify by learning how to do all the things that I have to do an easier way. And then I will have time to live my life and enjoy it instead of just maintaining it.

In order to do this I have set several goals for myself.

1. First, and most importantly I am going to read my daily devotionals DAILY.

2. A blog. Check it off. I have a blog. Now I will not have to stress about all the people I need to connect with. If they are interested in whats going on with me they can check my blog. And they can have a blog and I can check their's. So easy. I have enjoyed my friend Kate's and my sister Catherine's and I owe my entry into this new realm to them.

3. Nineteen boxes of junk in my house, nineteen boxes of junk

pack one up and throw it out, 18 boxes of junk in my house. I truly believe that in order to simplify I have to edit and although I am pretty good at letting go of stuff I still have way too much that I don't need and perhaps someone else can use it. So I am getting rid of 19 boxes of stuff. Box # one is in the garage ready to go.

4. Speak and understand basic French by Dec '08

5. Read a book a month

Jan. Queen of Fashion What Marie Antoinette Wore to the Revolution

Feb. The Bolyn Inheritance

March The Golden Age of Couture

6. Sew and finish one item a month and finish Grace's dollhouse

7. Quit shopping as a hobby... why get rid of a bunch of stuff if I am just going to replace it with
more stuff? I want to really think about and be more intentional with each purchase.




3.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Welcome aboard the blog train! It took me awhile to come up for air and find you but I will be riding along with you regularly.

Great resolutions all. I'm finding living leaner a fun and interesting challenge. In my new place of furniture every piece must do at least double duty. Well, I'm trying anyway.

We used to say in Drama school that Less is More. More time, more freedom and less to keep clean and keep track of, it seems to me.

K Q:-)