Monday, January 14, 2008

BOOK # 2, A MUST READ!

For Christmas my friend Tammy gave me a book, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, the story of a poor Chinese woman born in 1823 in a small village. I love a book I don't want to put down and this one did not disappoint, it was finished in a few hours. It is not just a story about one woman but all women and it left me thinking hard about friendships and a woman's place in the world. Before reading this I read about Marie Antoinette and the two women at first appear to be so different, one of privledge and one with nothing. But in the end I think they had much more in common than I first thought. In the 200 years since Snow Flower's story much has changed for women, or not, as in the 200 years since Marie Antoinette. I am anxious for someone else to read this so we can talk.

No comments: