Saturday, February 20, 2010

DINNER IN PARIS





Last Friday night we celebrated Valentine's Day at home. Grace was spending the night with us and since she is so interested in France I decided to have a French meal. I thought it would be fun and educational too. I made Julia Child's Coq au Vin which I haven't made in years - probably because it uses 1 stick of butter. I used maps of Paris and a photo of the Eiffel Tower to decorate the table. While I cooked we talked about French food, fashion and lifestyle. And of course we dressed for dinner. Grace wore pearls, I wore a beret and she picked out a coat and tie for Papa.

For dessert I made our favorite molten chocolate cake and we toasted the evening with sparkling grape juice. Sweet Jim gave us a card and box of candy. He also paid me a very nice compliment and said it was one of the best meals he had ever eaten! It was a very nice evening.

3 comments:

Kate said...

How wonderful!! What a great way to celebrate the Day of Love. Lucky Grace to have you two for doting grandparents.

I got a sweet Valentine from grandson, Rocco, in San Mateo and it sure made my weekend!
xxx
K Q:-)

amber said...

That is one of the cutest Valentine's Days that I've heard of. So sweet. :)

Marie-Noëlle said...

Bon Appétit