Tuesday, August 4, 2009

SEWING FOR OTHERS





There are many ways I enjoy spending my free time, reading, hiking, playing with Grace, scrapbooking but nothing satisfies my creative spirit like sewing. The problem was that I didn't need a single thing. I would make some wonderful new item and it would hang in my closet with all the rest of my seldom worn creations. One day a friend was talking about needing to go through her fabric stash. I have no idea why but I blurted out that I would take anything she had that was suitable for childrens clothes AND that I would make clothes for the children in a small inner city church in the Nashville area. But I'm so glad that I did because I can honestly say that I don't know when I have enjoyed a sewing project more than these little clothes made from donated fabric. It feels so good to do something for someone else and I'm thinking I may have just found the perfect way to use my talents to serve others. I'll be back in Nashville in December and plan to have lots more made by then.

2 comments:

Julius Family said...

WOW! That is a GREAT idea.. you should see if you could start a community group that does that for children in your area...

Kate said...

You are SO right! And they are darling. I am sure they'll be much appreciated too. K Q:-)