Sunday, August 9, 2009

NEVER A SECOND LOOK



That's right. Had it not been for Erica B. I never would have looked twice at Simplicity 2756 but when I saw her version I knew I had to have it. For me, actually seeing a garment made and on a real body is a big incentive for reading sewing blogs. This fabric has been in my fabric closet for many years. It is a cotton blend of some kind. It is soft and loosely woven with a nice drape. It is like an eyelet except that there is a sheer weave inside the flowers. I like the casual ease of this blouse and what I can I say except that I'm a girl that likes a belt. This one belonged to my mother, is at least 20 years old but I think it has a modern feel. So thank you Erica for your inspiration and if you don't mind I'd like to call this my Erica blouse.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow! That blouse is so flattering on you. You should make another! :)

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate said...

It looks great on you. Love the sleeve especially. May have to borrow your idea. Could use a few new blouses now that I know how to use my Babylock.
K Q:-)

delaïdo said...

You look great in this blouse. That fabric was an excellent choice and it looks great with your belt.