Wednesday, April 8, 2009

SLOPER DISAPPOINTMENT

I could not wait to make up a pair of pants from my newly drafted sloper. I was so pleased with the dress I did last year I was sure the pants would be equally as wonderful but they were pretty bad. So I went back to the drawing board Sunday night and took apart an older pair of slacks that had a good fit. Imagine my surprise when I laid the pants pieces on the muslin and discovered that with the exception of the crotch length they were an exact match! I was sure it was my crotch I measured???but there was a two inch difference. So this weekend I am going to try it again using the pants I took apart. I am so convinced this is going to work I am skipping the muslin and going straight to winter white that has been in the stash quite a long time. I also hope to figure out my new camera software so I can post some pictures.

2 comments:

Cennetta said...

I think your approach is the perfect way to capture the perfect pattern and fit. Pants can be difficult to fit. Looking forward to your finished pant project.

Kate said...

You will prevail! I hate disappointment too but if I put a project away for a little while and go back to it, it's so satisfying to solve the challenge. You'll enjoy your new pants pattern.
K Q:-)