I am so excited! Yesterday I finished my pant sloper and met with Debra for a final fit. It is a good fit and now I am ready to make pants. But to be on the safe side I am going to Jo-Ann's tomorrow and hopefully buy a decent piece of twill or denim to make sure I am going to be happy with all aspects of fit before cutting into my black wool from Paris. Although I heard that airfare to Paris is only $250.00 right now it is not like I can just make quick little trip to replace the piece in the event the pattern doesn't work as well as I'm hoping. I used a Dusan system to make the sloper which basically allows you to take your measurements and plot them on a pre-made pant sloper and then connect the dots. To adjust for my large thigh I extended the crotch point 3/8" on the front and back crotch pieces. In the muslin this amount gave me the right amount of ease but it may need to be extened more in other fabrics. I always use a 1" seam allowance so it should not be a problem if I need to add more. I don't deal well with disappointment so I really hope this works.
Now my next challenge will be to find on my computer the pictures I just took of this process. New camera, new software - old brain.