Monday, April 13, 2009

RESTYLING A CLASSIC


This jacket has been in my closet for at least 10 years and I have always enjoyed wearing it. The fabric is a wool boucle in a warm cream color. I put it on the other day and realized that the medium sized shoulder pads needed an update so once I finish my pants I am planning to take the shoulder pads out and scale down the sleeves and shoulders and then I hope to wear it another 10 years. It will go nicely with the winter white wool pants. For the spring we are having, sadly wool will be perfect.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Beautiful! You are an inspiration. Tomorrow I'm giving a friend a first sewing lesson. Am also adjusting some store bought pants. Think I need to make a Pooch Tote too, don't you think? Spring has been cool here too but will bolt into hot any minute now. K Q:-)

Anonymous said...

Love the jacket, I just did that exact alteration on 10 jackets for a friend of mine. She is little like yourself, I just hope the 8o's don't come back any time soon Love your blog! Kathy