Wednesday, August 27, 2008

TWENTY NINE YEARS

No, I'm not 29 years old but on August 25th Jim and I celebrated our 29th anniversary. We had a quiet evening at home without any big fanfare. I believe two things about special occassions. I may be high maintenance when it comes to facials, pedicures and massages but I am very low maintenance on birthdays and anniversarys. I don't want waste money on cards or flowers. Infact, instead of buying each other cards we often go to Wal Mart and just read the cards there and save the $5.00 That started out as a joke but we thought it was fun so we continue. And secondly, I don't want to celebrate important life events just one day a year but rather celebrate
everyday. Jim was sweet, he said he would marry me all over again. And of course I would marry him again with perhaps a few minor contract changes. Seriously, he is a sweetheart and I did good with this one!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Felicitations!! 29 years is quite the accomplishment - especially these days. Hope I get there someday. K Q:-)

P.S. FYI: My emails to you are bouncing as 'confirmed spam.'

Julius Family said...

Congratulations to one of my favorite couples and to fantastic role models!

BTW - you look gorgeous in the picture with Grace!