Friday, January 22, 2010

I'M DISAPPOINTED



in this skirt. I made this in the fall, wore it once and didn't like the way it fit. I have made this pattern before so I was surprised that the fit was not right. I took it apart and took it up about 1 1/2 inches. I wore it again and at the end of the day it was huge! I inherited the fabric from my mother's stash and I thought it was 100% wool but apparently it is not or it wouldn't be stretching out like it is. So what appeared to be a winner turns out to be a wadder. I'll take out the zipper and remove the petersham on the waist and throw it away. Oh well, it just reminds me of the importance of knowing the fabric content.

4 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

I've made garments from fabric that by noon it's two sizes larger. I hate it!

Little Hunting Creek said...

Oh no! Too bad - I hate when that happens. I have had that happen with a pair of capris - by the end of the day they were almost falling off. I took them in, washed in hot water and still they kept stretching. Lycra is a weird substance

amber said...

I hate it when something doesn't come out the way you were expecting. :( For what it's worth, I think the skirt looks good on you.

Kate said...

I know what you mean. I have a pair of beautiful tweed pants made on my favorite Pucci pattern. They get bigger and Bigger and BIGGER so now are only good for snow shoveling. So disappointing! Next pair will use the Khalje underlining technique...a little extra time for couture pants that will fit.
K Q:-)